Loudmouth star Sharon Osbourne may be rethinking her traditional candle purchasing habits after a near fatal accident.
Chat show personality and past X Factor judge Sharon Osbourne may soon be contacting us to purchase some battery operated wax candles to light her home. The opinionated star has banned the use of traditional candles in her Beverly Hills mansion after almost burning it to the ground last month.
Explaining that she and her rocker husband Ozzy Osbourne had accidentally fallen asleep with candles left on, Sharon confessed that the way she handled the blaze was not as she had been advised in the past.
''And we are like two idiots, it was like The Three Stooges. Everything you are not meant to do - go to bed with candles alight, open the doors and put water on - we did it all.''
The couple only discovered the blaze when their dogs started barking, waking them and causing them to investigate. After the close call, the redheaded TV personality told celebrity bloggers TMZ "No more candles, only in church!
''My eyes are stinging and my throat's closing up something weird smelling in here, then my dogs started to bark, so I go out of the bedroom, I go downstairs and the whole living room - the candle had burst and the cracking sound was the glass in the candle exploding.''
Sharon isn't the only one who has had a near miss with traditional candles in the past. If you're concerned about the possible risks that traditional candles present in your home, make the switch to battery candles. No open flames, no waxy messes and great value. To quickly swap over your candle collection to battery operated wax candles, have a look at our best selling 6 pack of 1.75" Candle Impressions Wax Covered Votives for just £13.95.